Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Favor ... (Sticky Post - new ones below!)

(there is a new blog entry under this sticky note!)

I'm going to "sticky" this note here for a little while, hoping to get more comments over a bit of time ...

If you don't want to read me explain ad nauseam about the whys of my favor, just skip to the bottom.

Here it goes. After many empty declarations on my part to start reading blogs again, I have failed to do it. WHY? It's because of the one thing that would seem like THE most helpful aspect of picking up where I left off ... My Reader.

My reader has, let's see, 325 blogs waiting for me. Everytime I try, I not only get overwhelmed, but I don't feel "at home" with the blogs. It takes forever minutes of back reading to determine what the blogger is blogging about. And that's if I even remember the blogger. I was adding so many blogs at the end, I just don't recollect who everyone even is anymore.

And that sucks.

I ~loved~ when I was able to share in the joys and be there for the not-so-joys. And I want to do that again. The best place I can see to start is deleting ~all~ of the blogs within my reader. Start reading blogs based upon your input, and THEN start adding new blogs as I can.

What I obviously need YOU to do is if you would allow ME to read YOUR blog, I would love if you would comment. If your profile (from comments) lists your blog (a single one), you don't need anything to do besides just leaving a comment about anything at all. Tell me your favorite flavor of soup or something. But please, comment. If you have a profile that lists multiple blogs OR it's not available in your profile, list it for me in the comments section? (If you want your comment deleted after I get the blog url, just let me know).

I really want to start reading the blogs of those who I am lucky enough to have swing by my blog to start with. Then, I'll get more blogs like I used to - just by reading reading comments on my friend's blogs and liking their word style. This is so I can add a title comment in my reader as to who I "met" this person from.


if you skipped this post because you didn't want to read my ramblings, start reading again! ~wink~

PLEASE! Leave me a comment with your blog URL so I can add you to my reader!

Thank you.


note ... if your blog is private and I used to be one of your readers, I would love to read you again (like little miss emily!). Can you pretty-please send me an invite or the password to nleisher@yahoo.com?

29 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Glad you're getting back into the flow, Nancy! I took a long break, and then also had to declare Reader bankruptcy when I came back.

BTW - I used to be I'm.A.Sm.art.One. Now I blog at http://thesmartness.com.

nancy said...

~*~ Kym ~*~

Hi honey!!! Thanks for letting me know where you are now!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Glad you're back!! thewonderfulworldofjayme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OH Nancy -- I could never quit you!


www.bloodsigns.wordpress.com

XO

me

Maestro said...

I'm between blogs right now... http://wearewu.blogspot.com/ is most current, http://wearewu.livejournal.com/ still has stuff, and wearewu01.wordpress.com may have something on it someday. Or I may blow them all up and start an entirely new one. Ooo, shiny...

Christina said...

Glad you're back, I used to be at insidethemindofchristinah.blogspot.com but I've moved to raisinglittlered.blogspot.com now :)

Lisa said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to some schnarky posts from you...

If you are still interested in reading feel free to...

our-janidlo-clan.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I update even less than you. But would love you to keep up when I do!

Kristin said...

I really am so very glad you are back. Hope everything is looking up for you.

Kristin said...

Ooops, my main blog is Dragondreamer's Lair

Marie Loerzel said...

Hope you're well Nancy!
xoxo
Mojo

Shannon said...

Hi Nancy - it will be nice to have you ~back~ again. Hope you're doing well!

m said...

hi lady! come over!
www.themaybebaby.com

Hollie said...

Glad to see you back. I am trying to blog a little more too. I am still at everythingchangeshollie.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Hi there!! I have to occasionally "clean out" my reader...whether it be because the blogger stopped blogging, or because I'm in a different place than they are. It's always hard...

http://justamereivf.blogspot.com

Mo said...

hmmm...favorite soup? butternut squash or new england clam chowder. favorite flower? peonies : )

does this count as a comment to remind you i'm out here? : )

Mo

Mo said...

oh and i'm at

lifeandloveinthepetridish.blogspot.com

jenn said...

I am ashamed of how little I update these days. but I am still here. Exhausted and occasionally overwhelmed, but still here!

Elana Kahn said...

If you remember me, I have twins just a few months younger than Karl and a baby who's now 11 months! I haven't been posting so often lately, but hopefully will get back into things when the school semester is over.

Elana's Musings: elanasmusings.blogspot.com

Glennformer said...

Without any effort, you are 100% caught up on my blog, since I haven't posted anything since Feb 2010. New comments on old posts are welcome though.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, now I wonder if you'll remember little ol me on the tip of Africa ;)

http://theclam.wordpress.com

xxx

Misty Dawn said...

Hello!!!

Sara said...

Here I am!!

lifegoeson-mylife.blogspot.com

sharah said...

Hi!
http://sharah.wordpress.com

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Glad you're back!

http://awifeandateacher.blogspot.com/

Brandi said...

Glad you're getting back into the swing of things! Here is my blog address now if I would post more it would be a great read.

http://idnarbsblahblahblog.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

www.dragonandrew.blogspot.com

I am in the same boat as you. Life with 3 kids got busy and now I can never catch up with everything in my reader! I do follow you though. :) Hope you remember me and my boring self and blog. Hah! ;)

Jennie said...

I've been following you for about two years now! Funny shit.

www.happymayhem.blogspot.com

Morgan Owens said...

I'm here, and will start blogging soon!